Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On December 30th, we got a great report, and I opened that post by saying: Folks, we serve an awesome God. Yesterday the news was not good, but we still serve an awesome God. The tumor has grown significantly, and there is nothing more they can do. Now is the time to enjoy every day that we are given. Dad is in good spirits, he is still going to fight.........We know he will fight until the end. That is what hero's do, right?

We are all in the process of wrapping our minds around what is to come. It all seems surreal. We are counting on your prayers and ask that you continue to lift us up.

We Believe

23 comments:

Paula said...

Gina - My heart is very heavy today for you and your precious family but I do know that God has a plan and He is still in control. Just enjoy the days left and don't leave anything unspoken. I'm praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

My heart is heavy as well!! I pray for continued strength and faith for everyone! Give Papa Gene a big hug for me and the family and we will see him soon!! Love you guys,
Rach

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this today, and I am praying for strength, peace and comfort for all of your family.
Kimberly Bledsoe

Anonymous said...

You know life can be so wonderful at times and other times so sad. My heart goes out to you all.

Love Uncle Win

Liz*** said...

Praying. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear the news. We will continue to pray for strength, patience and understanding for all of you. Keep the faith!!! LOL, Margaret & Robert

Telena said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers everyday! Love you, Telena

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your family during this difficult time and am praying for peace, comfort, and strenghth for all of you. God bless your families.

Anonymous said...

Gina- I don't know your dad personally but I am soo sorry to hear of the struggle your family is going through. Your father and family is in our prayers. Know that God is watching over all of you and knows what you all need.

Courtney Tucker Shogran

~angie said...

Gina-

I'm so sorry. No other words right now. I love you and will call you soon.

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I am praying for you and your family. After I heard the news last night my heart was deeply saddened, I laid in bed awake most of the night praying for you and your family. I pray that you and your family will be surrounded by angels who will guide you through this and comfort you along the way. I am sure there will be days when it seems more than overwhelming, on those days I hope all of our prayers will bring the strength and comfort you need. I am just a phone call away, and have the type job where I can leave at a seconds notice. If you need anything at all please call me 409.767.1576. I would be happy to help in any way, even if you just need some one to take the stress and anger out on, I'm your girl. I am praying for you Gina, I am so sorry.

Darci Price Piel
darci.piel@coldwellbanker.com

Uncle Paul said...

Just know that we are here for ya'll! We love you all and we will continue to pray!

Uncle Paul, Aunt Dee, Brian & Chris

Anonymous said...

Gina and Jason,
Know that Ervin and I are just down the street and will continue to help your mom and dad. All of you are our extended family and we love you dearly. Our prayers are continuing.
God be with you,
Dolores

Anonymous said...

There are no words. . . . just our prayers and wishes that God will be present with his strength and comfort. Well knowing that this family has demonstrated their ability to rely faithfully on his love.
You will be in our thoughts and prayers. . Love, Cheryl & Marvin

Alissa LeBlanc said...

I constantly watch your reports and as I read this one...there are no words. Stay strong, enjoy every moment, and continue to lean on God. Proverbs 3:5
Alissa LeBlanc

Anonymous said...

To all the Meredith's and extended family:

I am so very sorry for the news that ya'll recieved. It is amazing to know a person and a family who through no matter what darkness the strength, class, and undying love shines through above everything else. Ya'lls hero IS amazing and ya'll are pretty extraordinary, too!!

Always,
Peanut

Anonymous said...

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers all day everyday. We Pray for God's strength, peace and comfort during this difficult time.
God Bless you all!
Love,
Brad, Kam & Jayden

debbye said...

There are no words to express how saddened we are to hear of the latest news on Gene. Just know that you are covered in our prayers
and we love you all.
Larry and Debbye

Anonymous said...

BooBoo and Family, We are still standing with you in Prayer. We, like Gene will not stop the fight. The tough road God has paved is rocky, but determination with Faith will find the Path that leads to Salvation. We will ALWAYS BELIEVE!
PUD & Sue

Anonymous said...

Gina, I am praying for you through this difficult time.
Love,
Amy Brandenburg

Anonymous said...

All of you remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Much Love,
Pam, Charlie, Ember & Hunter

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you all I love you! Think about you everyday!
Love,
Keisha

Anonymous said...

The Buffs are sending our prayers
from across the miles...

Love to you all,
Peggy Sterling Scarborough
FHS Class of '66