Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A New Beginning

The first blog titled "The Beginning" said these words:

"Bring me joy, Bring me peace bring the chance to be free.....Bring anything that brings you glory. And I know there will be days when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes Jesus bring the rain."

We are feeling the pain, but Dad now has a new beginning that makes him whole, and free. Free from cancer, paralysis or pain. He went to be with his Lord and Savior on April 7, 2009 at 2:18. We are sad, and it hurts but we are so happy for Dad. He fought a long, courageous battle and he has won indeed!! We rest in the hope we have in Christ. The hope that we will see Dad again.

The visitation will be Thursday from 5-8 at Broussards on Major Drive in Beaumont. The service will be Friday at 11:00 at Crestwood Baptist Church in Lumberton.

God's love is very real even in the midst of our pain and sorrow.

We Believe

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much love from Harvey and Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have been worded any better!! See you guys tomorrow!
Love you all so much!
Rach

Anonymous said...

Gina, I have followed this blog from the beginning. I graduated from French High with your mom. I have prayed for your dad, mom, and all of your family every day. It is sad to hear of your dad's passing. Your unwavering faith has been an inspiration to all of us who have kept up with your dad's journey during this past year. I know he is a better place. I look forward to meeting you in person. May God bless and keep you and your family. Russ Moses

Anonymous said...

We couldn't agree more with Russ Moses. We also followed and walked with you and your family through the blog. Your family has amazing strength and we will continue to Pray for your confort. Boo Boo is in a better place and we will all join him in God's reward. We will see you at visitation. PUD & Sue

Anonymous said...

Gina,my thoughts and prayers are with you all! I am sorry I cannot attend the service.

Love you,
Mary

Anonymous said...

You told me one time when we were younger that you felt you would mary a minister one day. I beleive God made you the minister and blessed you with a life partner. Wonderful faith, truly you are a blessing stay strong. I am still praying for you and your whole family. Sorry for your loss, but thankful for your faith and love that you all share. Gene's strength lives on through all of you. ATM

Anonymous said...

Mandy is delivering an extra hug from me, I'm sorry I can't be there tonight. I'm praying for you and your family. Love you! Jamie

raenette said...

beautiful, Gina! You are so strong and we will see him again!!!

Darci said...

The service for your dad today was very nice. When the pastor asked everyone who worked with your dad to stand up, there was a lot of people who stood. Your dad was loved by all those around him. Gina, I am so sorry ,I don't really know what to say other than I am praying for you and your family, and my heart goes out to you.

Darci Price-Piel

Darci said...

Gina, if you ever need anything please let me know.

darci.piel@coldwellbanker.com

Anonymous said...

My Dear Gina,
Thank you so much for keeping us informed about your father during his illness. It was quite an undertaking for you; but a blessing for us. As his funeral demonstated; many people will miss his wit and character. We will always appreciate the love and strength this family has shown through this very difficult time.
God be with you,
Cheryl & Marvin

Anonymous said...

Gina you are a precious person to have made such a wonderful memorial for your family and for friends to read about your precious father. Thank you for your time and the love it took to keep up such a wonderful site for others to see. Linda Ross