Saturday, May 16, 2009

We Miss Him

We miss him. When Dad was diagnosed it felt like the wind was knocked out of me. Watching Dad fight cancer while being paralyzed was like watching a ship without a sail. Losing Dad was and is unimaginable. But I think now is perhaps one of the toughest times that we will go through. Reality sets in that Dad is really gone, and life goes on as normal. While Jason and I miss him terribly and know that our lives will never be the same, we also can return to somewhat of a normal life with our own families. Then there is my sweet Mom. Mom has no normal. I wanted to ask you to please left her up now more than ever. Your prayers carried us through a very long journey, but that journey is not over......... And in some ways it is just beginning. Dad has a new journey walking the streets of gold, and we have a new journey as we search for our "new" normal. We are so thankful for your support and prayers and ask that you keep lifting us up!

We Believe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for all of you! A day doesn't go by that you and your family are not in my thoughts and prayers. It is hard to imagine, but time heals your lonely heart! God has you all on his shoulders carrying you through each day. He will show you the path and one day you will be walking hand in hand again.

Liz*** said...

Praying for all of you during this hard time. I know you miss him. Love you all!

Uncle Paul said...

The "new normal" will make its way known at some point. Know that we are all praying for each of you. We love you all!
U.P., A.D.,B & C

Paula said...

You will some day find a new normal but, until that day, just hold on to the Lord as your strength. He will never leave you or forsake you. I'm praying.

debbye said...

You are right about everyone getting back to some sense of normality, except for Peggy. Her world has been turned upside down, but with prayer and love she will begin to find her normal with each new day.
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Debbye abd Larry

raenette said...

Gina, I have been thinking of your mom a lot lately! I tried to think of myself or my mom in that position and it made me have the ugly cry. Anyway, I have been praying for her more than anyone. I can't imagine lonely nights, dinners, mornings, weekends, one serving of food, not as many groceries and so on. Every moment I pray for comfort, protection, and a new joy for her. I love you guys!