Sometimes this journey seems like one bad dream after another. But, there are also those moments when in fact, it appears as if none of it has ever happened. I like to dwell on those moments and sometimes I wish I could freeze time. One of those moments was last night when I got in town. Dad called me over, and said he wanted to show me something. He had me hold his arm up--The one he has not been able to move at all since the stroke--and before I knew it he had pushed my arm down like we were arm wrestling! I am not sure what felt better, feeling that movement he made, or seeing the look of accomplishment on his face as he moved it! Either way I consider that a Milestone!! Now those of you that know Dad well, will really appreciate this next part-i just want to assure you that his sense of humor is still in tact........ Tonight he was showing Dolores and Ervin how he could move his arm. So I went over, (being the proud daughter that I am) and showed her to grab his arm like they were arm wrestling....Dad moved my arm down like he had the night before. Then he announces to the whole room that I am weak......Because I just got "whooped" by a paralyzied guy!!!! It was pretty funny, and I am so thankful that altough Dad has been put through the ringer-He still has his sense of humor that makes him "Gene."
God is so good and so faithful. It is a very slow process, but the progress Dad has made is remarkable and we are thankful.
Dad has an MRI scheduled for Tuesday, and then we will get the results on March 6th. Please pray for NO GROWTH!!!
We Beleive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Meredith Family: I read your blog a couple of times a week. I'm glad to hear of Gene's continuing progress. My prayers are with you always.
Way to go Gene!! Sounds like you have been working hard and practicing a lot. Poor Peggy probably has bruises from all the wrestling you two have been doing!
Will prayerfully await your results in March.
Larry & Debbye
Hey Boob, Picking on Gina huh? She's the only one that will let you win!! Get ahold of Jason and let'um throw ya like Wayne Davis did 20 years ago. :-)
Great news! Glad your feeling better!!! Praying for you EVERY DAY!!
PUD & SUE
Great news, Gene! Now we want to see you give Jason a run for his money! We love you and you are always in our prayers!
“Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.”
Paul, Dee, Brian & Chris
What an answer to prayer!!!! I am praying for all of you daily!!!
Great news!! It is so great to hear Gene is progressing!!! Keep believing!!! LOL, Margaret & Robert
Post a Comment