Good News/Bad News......Which do you want first??? Let's start with the bad....the tumor has grown. However, that is not surprising since there has been no Chemo since June 9th. The good news is that we are going to try Chemo again. Dr. Loghin was very impressed with how well Dad is doing. We are going to try another type of Chemo that will be in pill form. He takes a combination of pills for 5 days, and then we sit and let it do its thing. The cycle is 42 days so we will go back for an MRI, blood work and doctor visit in six weeks. The hope is that the Chemo will at least stabilize the nasty little tumor, but hopefully even shrink it! Dad is in great spirits and wants to fight this as long as he can........
My admiration for him grows as this journey continues. He is tired, and has had his life turned upside down, but he has never once thought of giving up. That is what makes him our hero...... What an inspiration he is to all of us........
I am thankful to call him Dad.
I am also thankful today for a God who still performs miracles. 13 months ago we were told that Dad had a few months left to live...... He is still here and fighting.....Folks, in my book that is a miracle from our great Lord!!
We Believe!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Even though I haven't written anything for awhile, I still keep all of you in my daily thoughts and prayers.
I hope that those little pills do a major number on that tumor and Gene keeps on believing!!!
Debbye
I am so glad to hear that he can do chemo again. We will keep praying. I love and miss y'all bunches! I'll be home soon! Leeroy
Keep up the good fight PAPA GENE!! I love you guys.....
Rach
Love you guys!
Post a Comment