Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Plan



After another long day of waiting we have a plan! We met with the surgeon today and Dad will have surgery next Thursday afternoon. We will meet with the surgeon again on Wednesday and then we should get an exact time for the surgery. They are going to remove the tumor on the temporal lobe. This will alleviate his symptoms, and this will allow the chemo to attack the one tumor that is left. The surgery should last from 4-6 hours and they are confident that they can remove it with no complications. Dad will be in the hospital for 3-5 days. Once he is released he will head home......His home!!! The chemo will be in the form of a pill and it should not make him sick. We are very excited about that, and they are really looking forward to being home again! I know that you are all anxious for them to be back in Rolling Hills!

Jason-....Tag your it.....Ready or not here they come! I know you will be so glad to have mom and dad home again. I know it has been very hard to not be here these past few weeks, but just know that I could not be more proud of the way you are filling Dad's shoes out at Exxon Mobile. Wow, those are some big shoes to fill and I can just see you walking through the gate every morning with your head held high-Dad wouldn't want it any other way, He is so very proud of you. Now the tides will turn, and mom and dad will be there with you while I am stuck in Houston! I am just thankful that we can weather this storm together, as a team. I love you brother!

We are still working on getting rid of those hiccups, Dad has had them since Friday. They say it is the Steroids causing them. We got some medicine yesterday so hopefully that will do the trick!

We are very hopeful and WE BELIEVE with all that we are that the Chemo WILL do its thing to this nasty tumor!! Please keep lifting Dad's name to the throne. Prayer is powerful and effective. When we are to tired, to weary, to even have the words to say--we rest in knowing that you are all standing in the gap for us. We are truly thankful for the overwhelming support that you send us each and every day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene, just want you to know that you are on my mind, heart, and in my prayers every day. You will beat this!! You've still got too much riding to do on that hawg!!
Will be sending up special prayers for the surgery next week. Am so glad you're at MDA...the best. Peggy, prayers for you, Jason, Gina, and Bea daily. Gene is so blessed to have such a strong wife. Take care of yourself, too. Will be checking on you soon.
Much love, Donna Jo

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Gene! I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. I am so glad you are coming home soon. Sam and I will come by often to visit. I will have to make you another banana pudding. I know that will get you going after surgery. See you soon. I love you!

Leeroy

Anonymous said...

GENE, YOU ARE ON MY MIND AND IN OUR PRAYERS,EVERY DAY. CANT WAIT TILL YOU BOTH COME HOME!!!!TRY THIS FOR YOUR HICCUPS, STAND ON YOUR HEAD AND DRINK WATER FROM THE OPPISITE SIDE OF THE GLASS!!!!TAKE PICTURES IF YOU DO!!!!!!WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO SEE THAT!!!!!COME HOME SOON, LOVE YA
GINGER

Liz*** said...

WE BELIEVE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Gene,
Tom and I just sat on a Harley in Cancun and thought about you. We realized we did not at all make it look as good as you do. We wish you peace and comfort as you prepare for surgery this week. Please know that we are thinking of you daily and praying that you and Peg, Gina and Jason are given strength and comfort.
We are here for you.

Pat and Tom (Kellie's Mom and Dad)