Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend

Howdy-

Mom and Dad had a good weekend. They had a lot of visitors and they were able to regroup for the week. Dad enjoyed seeing everyone and had some much needed bonding time with Jason, Kris, Gabie and Tyler. :) They are back in Houston now and Dad has gone to bed. At about 7:30 the hiccups went away-so please say a prayer that these nasty things will stay gone!!! They are really about to do him in-He is going on day 9.

Tomorrow is the last radiation treatment and Dad will see the Radiation Oncologist. Tuesday we have a break, and then Wednesday we have appointments all day to prepare for the surgery on Thursday. As soon as we get an exact time for the surgery, I will let you all know. It is going to be an eventful week and will be counting on your prayers and the Lord's strength to get us through.
WE BELIEVE!!!!!

3 comments:

Uncle Paul said...

Gene,
We believe the surgery is going to be a huge step towards your recovery. You are a strong, devout Christian and I know you are a "fighin' man". You know you are being lifted up by the Holy Spirit through all your dear friend's and family's prayers. We'll be with in spirit this week. We'll see you on Friday! We love you all!
Paul, Dee, Brian & Chris

Brenda said...

Gene,
I am so sorry about your illness. I am wishing you the best. I understand ya'll had a large time at the reunion. I talk to Bruce Gary at times and he keeps me informed on the Ole' Buffs. Take care and you have the BIG MAN on your side.
Forever friends,
Brenda Cartwright Comeaux

debbye said...

Gene, Peggy, Gina, Jason:
Stay strong and know that so many of us are praying for you and your doctors tomorrow. God is in control and your faith will get you through the next few days.
Psalm 62:2 "He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
Love and prayers,
Larry and Debbye