Saturday, January 12, 2008

We finally heard from the doctors at MDA, and got the go ahead to continue Chemo. We were checking to see if there were any clinical trials that Dad qualified for, but there isn't so we will stick with Chemo. We have started the 3rd round.

Dad is doing really well and getting around better each day. He has even starting getting up and walking from the bedroom to the living room by himself!! He has really come a long way. He is still having therapy three times a week. He has a physical therapist three times a week, as well as an occupational therapist three times a week. He is determined to figure things out with an arm and leg that do not do what he tells them to do!! I can only imagine the frustration that comes along with that.

I have decided to return to work since Dad is doing so well--I start tomorrow. It was a tough decision, but I felt that it was the right thing to do since we got a great report. I am just hoping and praying that the Chemo continues to keep the tumor stable, and we continue to get great reports!

We Believe....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so encouraging! I pray he will continue to get stonger everyday!

Anonymous said...

Gene,
It is GREAT to see are doing much better. I'm praying for you as the Lord brings you to mind, which is several times a day.
I got to meet Jason and his wife in Medina, Tx when they were taking the Harley out for a ride in the Hill Country. They are just a delightful couple. We do that often in our Jeep Wrangler.
We will continue to pray and look for God's blessings to you.
Ronnie & Sharon Swain

~angie said...

WOW! That is such awesome news!!! Sounds like he's getting ready to show his stuff when he's walking you down the aisle:) hehe, way to go Gene! Keep up the hard work.

Anonymous said...

that is great news. I've been praying for you guys everyday. I know returning to work must be hard. Let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Great news!! God is great and is always there for us. Gina, I know you are torn between work and being with your Dad but I am sure you stay in close contact with them. Cell phones are great!!! Thanks for keeping up the blog. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers. LOL, Margaret & Robert