Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chemo Treatment

The Chemo went well yesterday. Other than having to wait THREE HOURS to get started it went rather smoothly! Dad waiting in the waiting room for three hours is not a pleasant experience, and I can't say that I blame him! We did take a break and get him a biscuit.....thank the Lord for biscuits in a situation like that!!!! Mom and I were pulling all the tricks out of the bag to keep him calm! It usually won't take that long, but something got messed up with scheduling. It is frustrating, in our fast paced world it is easy to get impatient. But the waiting is a little more tolerable when you look around and see the amount of people who are there on a daily basis fighting for their lives. It definitely put things into perspective.
Once they called Dad back, the chemo treatment took about 5 hours-Dad lays in a hospital bed so at least he can sleep! It is done through an IV. Mom and Dad drove home yesterday after the treatment. So far Dad is feeling ok, and has not had any side effects. They said it could take a few days for them to surface. Please pray that they never do! The only thing he is dealing with so far is the hiccups again-They had to give him a dose of the steroid yesterday before the Chemo so they came back. Hopefully they won't stick around to long.

Please continue to pray for Healing....for the Chemo to work....for no side effects....and for my sweet mom who is caring for Dad around the clock. She is an amazing woman!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

your faith is amazing and a constant inspiration. Thank you for always posting updates and seeing to everyone else before yourself! love you dearly friend.

Anonymous said...

Gene, just want you to know how much you are in my heart and prayers every day. I'm so impressed with your great cheering squad....your precious family. Your faith in God and love for each other is the key to getting through each day. I'm sure from what I see on this website that all that's very strong. Keep ridin' that Harley. Peggy, hold on tight. I'm on my knees for you too.
Much love, Donna Jo

Anonymous said...

Hope ya'll have a great time at the lake. See you when you get back. I'd like a ride on the Harley too.
Bruce