Monday, May 26, 2008

Like Father Like Son

Howdy folks-

We couldn't think of a better way to spend Memorial Day weekend than to take a little trip to Dad's favorite place.....The Lake!! Dad has been wanting to go fishing for so long. Jason decided it was time to make that happen! He took Dad to spend his life savings, oh.... I mean purchase an inflatable life jacket-(Mom and I still can't figure out why he could not wear one of the 45 regular life jackets we have, but what do we know.....we are just women) Jason then proceded to build a "contraption" (again, woman speaking here, so I am not going to try to explain what he made) that would allow Dad to fish. Dad LOVED it! I think it did him a lot of good to get out in the boat. On Saturday, we had a big fish fry with the fam....It is always a good time to gather as a family and enjoy each other.

On Sunday, we drove over to see one of Dad's best buddies Coon-Man, does he have a beautiful place! Dad really enjoyed that, He got the Grand Tour riding on the Mule. Fishing, fish fry with the family,and riding around in the woods...according to Dad, it doesn't get much better than that!


Here are a few pics from the weekend-Stayed tuned for pictures of Dad in the boat!
(I have to get those from Jason and Kristan)














It was a great weekend-One we can cherish always. Jason-Thank you for making these things happen for Dad. From riding the Harley to going fishing, I know these things meant the world to Dad. Thank you for being brave enough, and clever enough, to make it happen! I have watched you over this past year put yourself-and at times your family-on the back burner to be there for Mom and Dad. That is a lot to juggle, and you have proven to be a man of great worth. Like father Like Son-You have some big shoes to fill out there at Mobil since dad retired-I know there is no one else who could carry on Dad's name better than you! I love you Brother and I admire you!

4 comments:

Mandi and Gang said...

Will you stop with all the sweet words that make me cry!! Just kidding, I am glad you had a great weekend it looks like you all had a blast spending time together! xoxo

Kellie said...

What a fun weekend! Papa Gene I can tell you were definately in your element! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Still thinking and praying for you. Keep believing!!!!!We love you. Margaret & Robert

Liz*** said...

So sweet! Like the new layout!