Thursday, May 1, 2008

Report

Well folks, the report today was not a good one. The tumor has grown. The two tumors have grown into one big mass, and there is swelling around it. They are going to start Dad back on the steroid to help with the swelling. We talked with Dr. Birdwell about our options, but we are going back to MDA on Monday to meet with the doctors and get their opinion/guidance. Surgery may be an option. It would not remove all of the tumor, only a portion of it. A second option would be to try another type of Chemo that would make him sick. This would have to be done at MDA.

We will have some decisions to make in the next few days, and while we want to try everything possible, we also have to consider quality of life. The road ahead is not going to be easy, BUT we have a God who will never leave us or forsake us and we fully trust Him to carry us through.

As always-Thank you for your support and prayers-We appreciate it more than you know. Please pray for the doctors to guide us in the right direction, and for us to have wisdom to make the right decision.

We Believe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I am so sorry that the results are not what you prayed for; I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

I have been so encouraged by reading your blog; your faith is so very evident in all that you write.

One of my favorite verses is: God is our refuge and strength an ever present help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1

Blessings to all of your family.

Anonymous said...

Love you all soooooo much!! Still praying and Believing!!
Rach

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear the results weren't as we all prayed for. we won't give up though. prayer is a wonderful thing and we'll keep doing it. let us know if you need anything.

raenette said...

I will pray for an easy decision making process. I pray that no confusion enter into ya'lls minds and that the answer will be clear as can be. Love you, girl!!

OH, I like your hair longer too. So cute. I am so glad to see you happy. Every time I eat fruit or fresh vegies I think of you and it is all about the produce, baby! Do you remember that?

Paula said...

I'm so sorry that the report wasn't a good one. I know the road ahead is hard but I assure you that the Lord will be there all the way with you guys. This is not a time to give up - the fight has just begun. I'm praying.

Mandi and Gang said...

I am so sad to hear that the news is not what we all had hoped for. Stay strong and keep up the faith that Jesus knows best! I am thinking of you and praying for a calm heart and a clear head during the next few days! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to each of you every day.

Chris & Kathy

Liz*** said...

Love you guys so much...praying and still believing!!

Anonymous said...

Gina,
This is for Gene and Peggy: We've been praying daily for your recovery. We are sorry that your latest report was not what you had hoped for, BUT we continue to pray! We know that miracles DO HAPPEN through God. We love you, James & Libbie Stinson