First and foremost we give thanks for God's grace, love and the
abundant life that he gives us.......
We are thankful that Dad has fought just like we thought he would-Like our hero....
We are thankful for the fact that Dad is still going strong
16 months later....
16 months later....
We are thankful that prayer is power and effective.
We are forever gracious to Blue Bell for producing enough Popsicles to keep Dad happy.....
I am grateful that I went 16 months without dropping Dad.....
I am sad to say that streak has ended!
Let's just say the neighbors got a good laugh as I tried to get
Dad through my front door on Wednesday....Dad was laying on his back, in his wheelchair on the ground......With me pinned under him!!!
And we are thankful that there is still a treatment plan for Dad....
The tumor has grown, but we are encouraged that Dad has not had any symptoms because of that growth. We are going back to the intravenous Chemo. He will have two treatments, and then we will go back for a checkup on December 29th. We will see where to go from there. Please continue to pray for Dad's healing and strength. This type of Chemo gets his immune system down, which is what led us to our last stay at MDA with Meningitis. Please pray that Dad will stay free from infection. It is going to be hard through the holidays when we are around so many people. While the holidays are a time for family and friends, we have to be very careful what we expose Dad to. He will be very vulnerable. Let's pray that everyone stays well so we can enjoy this holiday season! We are so thankful to have Dad to celebrate with.....
God is so good, We are thankful that His mercies are new every morning.
7 comments:
Just keep the faith. Everyone should realize that he needs to be very careful about who is around. I know everyone will be very cautious. Keep believing!!! LOL, Margaret and Robert
I know how grateful you all are for each and every day. God is good to give this time together. I pray you guys have a wonderful Christmas and that Gene stays free from illness. Love you guys.
(Can't help but laugh after your description of Gene AND you on the ground.)
I guess we will have to change Gene's nickname from "Boo Boo" to "Tipsy". Or, do we need to give Gina that name!
Still praying, still giving thanks for 16 months and counting, and most of all "STILL BELIEVING"!!
We are all grateful for each day we have with our loved ones, especially during the holidays. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Kathy and Chris and Kristin's family
Praying for a healthy holiday for you all! Much love!!
Gene, Peggy, Gina, and Jason,
Hey strangers....it's been way too long a time! Not a great way to reconnect but Angie B. told me about Gene. I wouldn't expect anything else from "the man Gene" to fight like heck! Nope...not surprised at all! My family will pray that God continues to give you all strength and carry you faithfully through this season. And thank you God for Blue Bell....the pictures are just way to sweet!
Gina...what a great thing you are doing on this blog. Kuddos! By the way, we are neighbors!! I live on Lake Conroe and teach in the area as well. Let's get together sometime..... I would love to catch up.
In our prayers,
Alissa (walton) LeBlanc
Hey BOOB, HAPPY THANKSGIVING. We are praying you continue to keep fighting and get well soon. God has been at your side the whole time with your friends and especially the family guiding you through this wild 'Journey" that your on. Ya'll have a great holdiday and take good care of yourselfs. Praise GOD!!! Love PUD & SUE
Post a Comment