Monday, December 15, 2008

More Than Snow

I am sure you all were just as amazed as I was at the snow we experienced on December 11th. Isn't snow exciting? It just makes us feel good. Maybe it is because we don't experience it that often. Or perhaps it is the satisfaction that follows when we finally get that cup of hot chocolate and curl up by the fire. Or maybe it is simply the relief from the dreadful humidity we deal with ten months out of the year!! :) Snow like this is something to enjoy. For me the enjoyment came from more than the snow itself...


When the kids came to see Mom and Dad they were outside throwing snowballs and living it up. Dad called Gabie in and asked her to bring him some snow, he wanted to "feel it." Now those of you that know Dad know what is coming! She fell hook line and sinker!!! She brought Papa Gene his snow only to find herself getting nailed with snowballs as Dad "felt the snow!!"

Thank you God for the little things along the way. Thank you for sending the most snow in Lumberton in 68 years so that Dad had something "different" in his day as well as a fun moment with his grand kids. You know what we need without us knowing ourselves. Thank you for loving us in a way that we cannot fully comprehend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Gene!
I know that your grandkids will tell their children someday about the snowball fight they had with you in the house.
We love you and wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
Larry and Debbye

Liz*** said...

That sounds like Gene alright! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like what "Boo Boo" would do with the snow ! We had a Great Snowball Battle at the old Birdcage between the North E&I Group and us South Plant E&I Winners, we Ambushed the guys when they got out of their trucks, used the garbage can lids as shields. The young guys wore us old Farts out ! They were more wet from hits than we were, I know that you would have been in the middle of the battle Gene. You are still in our prayers, I hope you and your Family have a a Merry Christmas (maybe a White one)
HOOT (PS;I have 2 working days left before I Retire on Dec 31, '08).

Anonymous said...

Chris and I wish your family a joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year. May God bless all of you.
Love, Kathy and Chris

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!!