Saturday, December 22, 2007

We still Believe...

Dad is doing well, He is still getting stronger and able to get around better each day. I know it is frustrating for him to not be able to get up and do anything he wants, but he has made so much progress in the past month. He is a fighter! We have an MRI scheduled for the 27th and then we will meet with Dr. Birdwell on January 4th for the results. A new year....... a great report, That is our hope!

We started the journey of fighting with our hero 5 months ago with our trust in our faithful Lord-That is where we still stand today. Dad has been thrown one obstacle after another, but we are trusting that the Lord has a plan for Dad, and for our family.

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to
give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
~
Part of the plan we have already seen unfold. Dad's story is not only touching the lives of our family and friends, but people across the world. Below is a comment posted a few weeks ago:
~
hi stranger.. i dont noe ur name.. or his.. but i noe what cancer
can do to a person.. my aunt had cancer.. it spread nd she
past away...the few things the person needs to survive is love... prayer... nd hope..
u hav to tell the person to fight it! u hav to show the person that he is
not a burden 4 u... pray 4 him everyday even if it is very late at night,
take a minute to pray... tell him everyday that u love him...hope ur
dad does fine...nd i didnt get this stuff from an cheap feel good thing...
its things i wish i had done...im a 16yr from m'sia.. nd i will pray
whenever i go to the temple or b4 i sleep 4 ur father,U nd ur family...chaoz
~
If that does not show you the Lord's hand in this-I am not sure what does! God does not waste anything. He is constantly working in our lives even when we can't see it or feel it. Even when it feels as though the walls my come crashing around us. His word promises to "use all things to work for the good of those who love him, and are called according to his purpose." In September, I posted an entry titled Clinging Cross to tell you about a precious gift Dad received. It is a small hand held cross that reminds Dad of the comfort and peace found in His Lord. A few days ago this comment was posted:
~
God gave me the design of the Clinging Cross when my own father was on his
journey home to be with his Heavenly Father.I am grateful that this
cross is a blessing to your father. That's why God gave me the
design, and I'm able to share it with others. Jane
~
Jane is indeed the lady that created the clinging cross, and God has used Dad's story to bring a "purpose" to her suffering. I think that gives us a picture of just how much he loves us. Not only did he suffer and die on the cross for our sins, but he cares enough to show us that although the storms of life are going to come, He is a strong and mighty tower. If we cling to Him, there is hope and purpose in our suffering.
~
I am humbled by God's mercy and unconditional love. Thank you Lord, for loving us the way you do. We Believe!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I'm very proud of you, this blog has helped me more than you could know. Your entry today was beautiful. I love you all.
Uncle Win

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all of your family to have a wonderful spirit of Christmas. It sounds like God is still working his miracles!!! I am glad we serve an awesome God that has the power to do all things. Keep believing and trusting in HIM!!! Merry Christmas to all of you. LOL, Margaret & Robert

Anonymous said...

Gene,
I have never met your daughter but she has made the best blog sight for you. I beleive that God can heal and so does Rodney. You are in our prayers. I ran into Peggy the other day and she said you were doing better and chemo had not made you sick, that is wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family.
Love,
Rodney & Prissy

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Beautiful post friend..... I love you guys hope to see you soon!!
Love,
Rach

Liz*** said...

Gina,
You know I believe there is a purpose in all this. I am praying that more of that purpose will be shown to all of you! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Meredith Family,
Chris and I think of you daily and realize how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends like you. We wish you a healing and renewing New Year. May God continue to bless your family. Gene, get out there and do that rehab like a good boy. We love you.
Kathy & Chris

Tammy said...

What a tight-knit family! It's been too long since I've seen you guys, but I can promise there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you. Daddy Gene- keep up the fight. Gina, lets get together real soon. I found out today you were staying in Lumberton. Take care and Happy New Year...2008..wow!