Thursday, March 27, 2008

Be Still and Know

There is not much to report this week. Things are about the same. We are trying to get some more physical therapy and occupational therapy approved so Dad can continue to gain strength. He has joined Lumberton Fitness so that he can work on keeping his right side strong. I was so proud of him!! We are also working on getting an nurse aide to come in and help out. To be honest, Mom is getting pretty worn out. I have talked a lot about how much of a trooper Dad has been through all of this.....And that he is.......But, let me tell you about that lady he calls his little flower. She is truly an amazing woman. I am so proud to call her Mom. None of this is easy, and we often wish we could wake from the nightmare, but even still--mom faces each day with strength and diligence. Please pray for her to continue to have strength and patience in this new "normal." It is a tough road to travel.

A scripture that has been on my heart lately is "Be still and know that I am God." Mom, when it seems that you can't take it another day, Be still and know that He is God and He will carry you through.

As I enter into marriage in a few months, I definitley have a great example of true love. And what it means to stick by each other for better............


and for worse.....

I love you Mom and Dad and I am excited to see how the Lord continues to bless us!!

We Believe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post!! Peg you are truly amazing!!! Gina you also have been a wonderful caretaker for Papa Gene!! You guys all keep up the faith and Papa Gene you go show them what you've got at the gym! I Love You all so much!!
I BELIEVE!!!!
Rach

Liz*** said...

That Peg is one special lady! Can't wait to see the whole fam in a few weeks. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Nella-bug: you are the bomb! Hang in there! Love you, Annice