Sunday, April 6, 2008

Now is the Time

We are still moving along about the same. Dad went to the doctor on Thursday, and his blood levels still look great which means his body is tolerating the Chemo well. We are very thankful for that! He started his 6th round of Chemo on Friday. Let's keep the prayers going that the Chemo continues to attack the tumor! Dad is still very, very weak. PT should be starting up again this week so hopefully that will help him get some of his strength back.

I know that your reason for visiting this site is to get an update on Dad, but if you would allow me the chance to share a few other prayer requests. My heart is heavy this morning with the news of so many families who are grieving, and losing the battle to this thing called cancer. It is just so hard to understand. I have been following the story of a little boy, Ethan Powell, who has been battling Leukemia since he was 2 weeks old. After fighting for a year and 1/2 he went to see Jesus yesterday, his parents have showed such extreme faith through this experience. They have touched so many lives, and have lived out their faith ever day. I know that Ethan's life will continue to bring glory to God. Please pray for this sweet family. I do not even know them, but I have been so touched by their story, and by the toughest, bravest little boy I know who was truly a fighter in his short time here on Earth. I am thankful this morning that we have hope in our Lord. This Earth is not our home, we are just passing through! If you do not know for sure that you would spend eternity in heaven, Now is the Time! God wants you to come to him just the way you are, and accept His free gift of salvation.

Also, my Mom's cousin is losing his battle with cancer. He has been told there is nothing else they can do. The only hope is a miracle....Please pray for that miracle-I believe with all my heart that it can happen. Miracles are not a thing of the past!!! Please keep the Jones family in your prayers.

Thank you for your prayers and for believing with us.

3 comments:

Liz*** said...

I'm so proud of you, G! Love you guys!

Uncle Paul said...

Your updates are inspirational, Gina. Thanks for the messages and updates. Your strong faith is refreshing and infectious. Our prayers are flowing as always for Gene & Peggy, Gordon & family and we will add little Ethan’s family, too!
We love you all!
U.P, A.D., B & C

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina,

I am Allan's cousin, Susannah, who lives in North Texas. My Aunt Sue shared your blog site with me and I have been reading it for a little awhile now. I would love to have your email address so we can correspond. (Mine is chuckstanton@yahoo.com) Please know that you and your family are in our prayers!

~Susannah Stanton~