Hey Gang-
Dad is still doing well. The therapy team came in and evaluated him today, and they will begin therapy tomorrow. He will get his therapy at the facility, they have OT's and PT's on staff. Another funny story for you....one morning when I got there, the nurse was helping Dad eat his breakfast. As soon as I walked in this was the conversation:
Dad: Gina, go in the other room and find my cupcakes.....(The nurse is cracking up)
Gina: Well Good Morning Dad, why don't you finish your breakfast and then I will get you a cupcake.
Dad: No, I want a cupcake.
Gina: How about you say 'Hello sweet daughter how are you this morning?' Then we will check into some cupcakes.
Dad: Hello, GIVE ME A DA#* CUPCAKE!!!!
I thought the nurse was going to die from laughter!!
Now for the afternoon: (Remember that Dad calls Mom his "Little Flower."
Dad: Where are my Cupcakes? ( I still get no hello or sweet daughter comments!)
Gina: (Trying to distract him form cupcakes) Dad, your little flower is here.
Dad: Well, I don't know.
Gina: What do you mean you don't know?
Dad: Well........(long pause) Sometimes you get a flower and sometimes you get a weed........
He is definitely back to the Gene that we know and love :)
This will be the last update until next week............. I am headed out in the morning for my Honeymoon!!!! Allan and I postponed our trip to make sure everything was ok with Dad. When we got the good report on June 9th, we rescheduled for this week. We are headed to the Sandals resort in the BAHAMAS for a week!!! We are so excited!!!!
Please keep the prayers coming!!!
we Believe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uncle Gene is cracking me up! I can't wait to come see him in September. We sure do miss everyone! I am praying for all of you. Love, Leeroy, Steven, and Sammy
Post a Comment