Friday, July 11, 2008

Pine Forest

Well folks we finally left MDA today after 3 weeks and 2 days! Mom drove Dad to Pine Forest Nursing and Rehab center off Tram Road in Beaumont. He is in room 504, Visitors are welcome :) It is literally 4 minutes from the house. He has a private room, and we have already taken him his Harley blanket and filled the room with pictures :) Now I just need to see if Pets are welcome so I can take Haley to see him!! I must admit, it was not easy walking into that place and getting it ready for Dad. It just doesn't seem right. But, we know that we do not have a choice. It is the best place for him, and everyone there gave us a very warm welcome. I feel confident that Dad will receive very good care. Our prayer is that he will get his strength back and be able to come home!!

Thank you for your continued prayers, support and comments!!

We Believe!!

4 comments:

debbye said...

I have been there and done that and it is a really difficult thing to do. I'm glad that it is so close to the house and hopefully he will have family and friends come by to help fill his day. My prayer is that he will get strong enough to come home soon. Take care and I hope that you and Peggy get some much needed rest.
Debbye and Larry

Liz*** said...

Praying for you guys!

Uncle Paul said...

We are glad that Gene is back in Lumberton! We'll be there to see ya'll as soon as we get back home. We love ya'll. We Believe!!

Paul, Dee, Brian & Chris

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Gene is close to home. We have had to walk your shoes and I agree it is a very difficult thing to do. But you have to think of the whole family especially Peggy. I know she is exhausted and this will provide her with a chance to get caught up on rest and regain strength and stamina. We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Margaret & Robert