Sunday, July 29, 2007

Gene's Gang...

Here are the pictures from this weekend. Thought you might enjoy!!

Dad and Mama Bea



Dad, Bill, DeEsta, Mandi, Averi and Kade (Dad's brother and family)




Dad and Jarrod (Family friend)

Dad, Paul and Dee (Mom's brother and sister-in-law


Dad and Bill



Dad, Dolores, Ervin Shelly and Simon. (Mom and Dad's best friends for 30+ years)





1st update
We went to church this morning and went to lunch. Dad enjoyed getting out. Not much to report for now, We are just resting and waiting for Friday. I know I have already said this, but thanks so much for your support. We are truly blessed with a great support system and we are so grateful for that. We dont know what the future holds, but we know we know the Lord will never give us more than we can handle. We are praying for wisdom and strengh and we trust His plan. It makes the road a little easier to travel knowing that you all are right there to walk beside us.







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Gene! I have been a slacker with the blog. I am back in town, and I promise I will write you all the time. I am so glad you are home. Mom and I want to cook for y'all this week sometime. Gina said your favorite meal was a ribeye, so I guess you can count on that. I am so glad because it is my favorite too! Me, Steve, and Sam are praying for you. I will be over this week--because you know I don't work!! YEA!!! Stay strong. I love you!!

Leeroy

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I am thinking of you all. I enjoyed seeing the pictures to put faces with names that Gina has talked about. My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I am here to help in any other way I can!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Gene! Jason, the kids and I are thinking about you always. You are always in our prayers. I, too, have been a slacker with the blog. You look great in the pictures! You need to tell Jamie you would like some wine and cheese to go with that ribeye! We love you so much.
Jason, Kristi, Caroline and Camp

Jason B. said...

Hey Gene. Unlike Jamie and Kristi, I'm not actually a slacker with the blog, because, I just found out about it.
Nevertheless, just wanted to drop a line a let you know we're thinkin about you, and all that sappy stuff.
By the way, it looks like you and Bill were knockin back a few cold ones yesterday...I'm no doctor, but you might want to lay off the sauce for a few days and get some rest. Plenty of time to party later.
Anyway, we'll see you soon. In the meantime, let us know if there is anything we can do for you...more sappy stuff. blah,blah,blah.
All that goes without saying.
Just get to Houston. We'll see you then.
Jason

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you all everyday and night. Gina, your dad looks great!!!! Let me know if you need anything when you get to MDA. My office is right down the street!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God...Gene we are so happy to hear the ball is now rolling. MD Anderson is such a WONDERFUL place. We have always received the very best of care there. Every person on staff IS an angel from God!
We continue to pray for you, daily.
Gina, you are such a blessing to your parents. You too are a precious angel from above.
You guys take care and know we love you and are praying for each of you.
The Sepaughs
Stuart, Jeanette & Peyton

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Meredith,
It is so nice to get updates on the computer. That makes it so much easier to pray. My Sunday School class, women's ministry and Bible study all have added you to the prayer list. I also just want to remind you how close Katy is to the medical center. I am not working right now and am definitely available to do anything you, Peggie, Gina,or anyone need. I could even bring supper one day to Gina's. Probably not ribeye, because I'm not that great a cook!
Have a great week. You are so blessed to have so many people that love you.

Tiffany (DaY) McKinley