Monday, July 30, 2007

You are my strength....

1st Update
Howdy....Gene here...I just want to thank everybody so much for the comments you are sending. It really makes my day and gives me my strength and encouragement. Thank you for your prayers, I can feel them. I wish I could just hug every one of you, but your response through this trial will suffice my needs for now. I just want you all to know I am encouraged and in good spirits. I hope to keep you updated on my condition as we journey to Houston. Please continue with your comments and prayers.

God bless everybody and remember to be thankful for what God has given you and enjoy your life every day. In God we have promises. Without God we have a bunch of maybes. We are going with God's promises....

I love you, God loves you and there aint nothing you can do about it-
Gene (Boo Boo)

9 comments:

Paula said...

Well, your sense of humor is still in tact. That's a good thing! Your attitude will take you far, I know. Having walked this road before, I want to assure you that I'm right there with you and Peg and the rest of the family. I have lots of people praying for you and we'll continue. Bless you, my friend. We'll see you soon.

~angie said...

Hey Gene! You are very loved man, that's for sure! Just don't you go turning into a diva with all this special attention you're getting:) HEHE!!

Praying for strength, confidence and peace today for you all.

love love,
angie and kevin

Anonymous said...

Noel and I are praying for you and your family. We love you.
Sally and Noel

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better. We are lifting you up in our Sunday School class as well as Linzy's class. You have a special place in our hearts and know that God will continue to fill you with His strength. If there is anything we can do please call us. God is so good and faithful!!

Love You Boo,
David, Cindy And Linzy

Liz*** said...

Hi Gene,
I am praying for you! I will be down to see you seen so ya'll keep my bed warm. I'm sure Halie can take care of that. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gene,
Just got back from out of town for a few days and the news about Friday is wonderful. Prayers are the foundation that we all need to get through whatever is in God's hands.
You look great, but I'm a little worried about some of the company that you are keeping!!!!
Take care and you are in our prayers.
Larry and Debbye

Anonymous said...

Good Morning down there......Great day here in Kerrville. Watch for something in the mail tomorrow or the next day. No, it's not a ticket to Alaska although that would be a good idea. Our trip there recently was awesome. Hope you are having a great day. Gene, appreciated your message. The pictures were so fun, especially lovely lady in your lap. I could just imagine the laughter that was taking place. Made me laugh also. Hope you can laugh often. Stay strong......Hugs to the family.
Much love,
Harvey and Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Gene,
We are old high school friends of your brother Bill and D'Esta. He let us know about the journey you are on. We will be praying for you along with all the other family and friends. We were at MDA the month of October for my husband's surgery. He had a tumor on his Pancreas. He is doing great. You are in the BEST, #1 hospital in the world! They can do wonders and forsee little blips/problems before they even happen. From the postings I have read, it is obvious you all have a strong faith, lots of love and hope in the Lord. Sounds like a recipe for success!
Kathy & Richard Karnes

Anonymous said...

Hello Gene from Kenai, Alaska. Dorie and Lonnie are with Delbert and I this week visiting us. Can you believe it was 52 degrees this morning? We went fishing for sockeye salmon "reds" but not much luck this morning, only one fish was kept. I/We wanted to drop you a line and let you know we are praying for you and will keep informed of your progress in regaining your health. Keep that smile on your face...it makes me smile to look at your pictures. Linda