Monday, August 27, 2007

Dad started his treatment back up for the week. He is still doing well with his treatments. On Mondays he sees the Radiation Oncologist, so while he waited an hour to see him- he got to eat in the hospital cafeteria. That made him happy!! Mom and Dad will be here for the week and then they are planning to head to the lake for Labor day weekend. I am so glad they are going to a place that they love so much to rest and relax!!

Dad is sitting here with me and wanted me to send you a message: "Keep the prayers and comments coming. I really enjoy them. It helps me make it through the day."

I got the first letter in the mail today for Dad's book. I was so excited!! I have found a Harley scrapbook that I want to put all the letters in. I think Dad will get a kick out of that and I think the encouraging letters will be great for him to look through any time he wants! He really does enjoy the encouragment that you all send. Thank you so much for keeping him in your prayers and for taking the time to send him comments. We are truly blessed with great friends and family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gene, Glad to hear your treatments are uneventful. We will continue to lift you up as always. David asked our Sunday School class to pray for you as well. We have some powerful prayer warriors in there, so know that you are covered in a mighty way. Still Believing!!!
Cindy J

Uncle Paul said...

Gene & Peggy,
I'm glad things are going smoothly. I'm also glad you and your flower are heading to the Lake for some fun and relaxation. Maybe you can catch a fish or two! Father Dennis asks about you every time I see him. He and others are all praying for you daily. You definitely have an army praying and God is listening. God Bless and much love!
Uncle P

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going well! Gina, I'm sure you are still enjoying your mom's home cooking and everything! :) It's great that you (Mr. Gene and Mrs. Peggy) get to go away for a long weekend! I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL, RELAXING time!! My family and I are continuously praying for all of you! We are belivers!! :)
Love you,
Telena

Anonymous said...

Don't get too excited about the lake, Tyler and I will probably drive you guys nuts. Love you dad, everyone at work sends there love and prayers, I can't keep up with all of the people at Mobil that ask everytime I see them how you are doing. I can tell that I've got a pritty big pair of shoes to fill out there. If they don't get me out of that candy store I'm going to need some new pants real soon. Don't wory I blew all the dust off the Harley today.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Dear Gene & Peggy,

You've been in our thoughts and prayers daily. Good to hear the treatments are going well. Hopefully a little escape to the lake will give you some "fresh air" and "peacefulness". I know we certainly enjoy it!
Love,
Cheryl & Marvin

Anonymous said...

Gene and Peg,
Enjoy the lake. We will be at Cheryl and Marvin's lake place. Might see you on Saturday. Don't worry about Beatrice. I walked with her this morning and could hardly keep up with her and her walker around the block!!! What a tough 'ol bird she is! I pray for you both daily. Love you guys!
Dolores

Anonymous said...

Hi Gene and Peggy,
Keeping up with your progress through Dolores. Have you both on our prayer list at church. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend at the lake. God is good and knows our needs before we even ask. Keep the faith and know you are loved and prayed for everyday.
Rosalind

Anonymous said...

Gene -We are keeping you in our prayers. Floyd, Fred, and Diane Goodman

Anonymous said...

Hello Gene, all the way from Alaska! This is Linda and Delbert Ross. We will soon be leaving this 50 degree weather for Texas and we hear that we should NOT drive fast to get back. :-) It was good to check your web site and see that your treatments are going well. We are very thankfull for you that your treatments are going so smoothly. Enjoy your time at the lake this labor day weekend. We hope the weather will cooperate with the holiday. Catch a fish for us! Linda and Delbert