Thursday, August 2, 2007

WE BELIEVE!!!





1st Update
As you can see we headed to Houston today, Dad had his biggest cheerleader right behind him!! We were treated to a great lunch at Pappas Bar-b-que and then headed out. Dad enjoyed some good ribs!!!! After a detour, a treat basket that got dumped all over dad and catching every red light we make it to Houston safely! We were again treated to another great meal for dinner and now we are getting ready for bed. You all are just amazing-We are amazed and overwhelemed with the support you are showing us. Thank you for being the hands and feet of God.

We will head out for MDA around 6:15 to make sure we get there in time. Again, we are excited and ready to hear a good report!

I will let you know tomorrow as soon as we get a report. We are really counting on your prayers tomorrow. This will be a big day, perhaps the biggest day yet!

When I was in high school I loved sports. When I played volleyball our motto was "WE BELIEVE." We believed that we were big enough and strong enough to win each battle we entered. We are taking the same motto against this Cancer...... Dad is big enough and strong enough to WIN THIS BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!! WE BELIEVE!!!

7 comments:

Mary Paule said...

Gene, Peggy and great family,

We (Mary, Doug and Jimbo) have kept up with all the news about you. We are praying for you...come back home soon!!!!

Love ya'll,
US

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys and Gals,
We really enjoy the pictures! Seems like I remember a story about some ribs in Llano. Good food for the soul. Speaking of soul...Gene we know yours is in "mighty" good hands. We look forward to reading the good report tomorrow. Fine work Gina! Peggy, if you take out for a shopping spree remember you can't use school as a reason for new clothes. Retirement is great, just wear the old things.
Much love,
Harvey and Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I am anxiously waiting for the good report tomorrow!! Love to you all!! I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel

tiff said...

Uncle Gene, Aunt Peggy, Jason and Gina,

Wow! What a journey in such a short time. I loved looking at the pictures, and I can't wait to see yall and hug you too. You are so special, and in good hands with our Lord. The boys and I have been praying for yall every night, and we will be praying for tomorrow. The website is amazing! Gina you are doing such a wonderful job..I love reading the scripture and faithful comments throughout. It is encouraging to me too. I will be anxious to hear about the day at MDA, and we will be seeing yall very soon. I love you.
love,
Tiffani, Stephen, Riley, Wesley and Andrew

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you all yesterday! Looking forward to the great news you will get today!!!

Love you!

Gene Meredith said...

Gene, Peggy, Jason, & Gina,
Thank you creating this site where we can all keep up with your progress! I keep you in my prayers daily!
Love you all,
Nancy Pattie & family

Jesse and Dori said...

I am going to try and quote this word for word as best I can- I just finished praying with Wesley and this was the beginning of his prayer:

“Dear Lord help Uncle Gene not be in a lot of pain and help him to get better. Help Grandad not worry so much and help Aunt Peggy to be ok. Help Uncle Gene to be brave and not worry a lot…”

With a seminary degree, I could not have articulated any better. If we could only have faith like a child!




His servant,

Stephen Bailiff