I wanted to try and give you a more detailed update. Doctor Loghin at MDA explained to us that surgery is not an option. The tumor is located mostly in the temporal lobe, but it fingers down into the frontal lobe. They could remove the portion that is in the temporal lobe, but there would be no benefit since they cant get it all. There are no clinal trials available at this time which is one thing I was hoping for. That leaves us with one option-Radiation.Dad will do that for six weeks, Monday through Friday and he will have the weekends off. At the end of the six weeks they will see how the tumor is reacting and we are hoping and praying that it gets smaller. At that time they will decide what to do from there. There is no way to "cure" this. These types of tumors always grow back. BUT we serve a big God who is our healer. He performs miracles everyday so we are in no way giving up or feeling down. Dad's spirits are just as high and he is ready to fight it! Mom and Dad will be staying with me during the time that he receives radation treatmeat. I told mom she could cook, clean and do my laundry!!! Just kidding, I dont want her to worry about anything but taking care of Dad. I am truly blessed with wonderful parents and I am thankful for the time that they will be staying with me! Please continue to lift them up in prayer and pray that God will wrap His arms around them and hold them when they feel like they can't go on. I found this poem today and wanted to share it with you, I am so thankful for the hope that we have through Christ....
Cancer is so limited..
Cancer cannot cripple love,
Cancer cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode Faith,
In cannot destroy peace,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot suppress memories,
it cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot steal eternal life,
IT CANNOT CONQUER THE SPIRIT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Gene, what a support team you have! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful family and friends around you. Ronald and I are praying for you every day. And to quote Gina . . . "WE BELIEVE"!!!
Janis and Ronald Thibodeaux
Gene, I've been keeping up on this website to find out how you are doing. I will continue to keep YOU AND YOUR FAMILY in our prayers. James talks to Bill often. Hang in there Buddy! James & Libbie Stinson
Good afternoon to the
FF Fabulous Family
Fighting Four
Faithful Forces
Firstrate Friends
and anothing else we can think might fit with these letters. We are behind you 100%. Probably more like 150% and even higher. Remember the 6 hour rule I wrote about. Even an hour is fine if it works. Much love and many hugs!
Harvey and Marilyn
Gene -
It was great to meet you today at MD Anderson, and this website is fabulous. You are blessed with an amazing family and support you. I wish you the best and you will be in my family's prayers. We all wish you the very best and know you are in great hands.
Sara Foss-Montenegro
Gene, Sorry I didn't make it to Gina's last night. I'm sure Kristi told you that Camp has Strep.
Nevertheless, sounds like Gina needs to start shoppin for a new gas grill. I'll come over and grill some steaks. Or, we'll do it over hear. Either way, all this talk is makin me want a steak. We'll see you early next week.
Jason B.
Gene and Fam, So glad that you are surrounded with great family and friends. Nothing in the world can compare with that. I also know that the "Great Physician" can do anything. Still Believing!!!!
Cindy Jones
Mr. Gene -
I know your faith alone could move a mountain, so I have no doubt that this lil' ole tumor won't shuffle out of your way with everyone you have supporting you! I just love you so much and can't wait to laugh it up while your in Houston!
Keenon, Kaylee and I definately BELIEVE!!!! Kaylee is blowing you a big kiss as I type :)(yes, my little darling is fighting her sleep)
Keenon and I are praying for you and my Texas mom day and night. We love you guys!
gina - love the poem, you always have a way of finding the best words to express what your heart is feeling!
ya ya!
Kel
Gene, Peggy and Family, we are here for you. We are joining the prayer team. "We Believe!" We are following your journey with you. The Lord is our Shepherd and he knows what is best for us all. Your faith will see you through. Your understanding that the Lord has only your best interests at heart; gives you the knowledge that He will never leave nor forsake you, even when you pass through the dark valleys of life.
Jesus said "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27
I Just love you all so much. Get some rest and continue to keep up the faith!!
Love,
Rach
Hi Gene, Peggy and family,
We are praying for you everyday. We know that your faith in God will substain you during this time. We love you all and just remember that God is holding your hand. If there is anything we can do we will be there. Friends are friends forever!
Love ya,
Luke and Harriet
Gina and family
Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Just got back from Costa Rica and read the entire web site. Remember, I am in the "neighborhood" so if you need ANYTHING just ask!!!!
You are all in my prayers
Oh by the way- you are SUCH AN AGGIE
cupcakes, snickerdoodles, and the water at the wedding
Maybe you shouldnt be so honest!!!
Gene,
You have lots of prayers coming from Florida too!
Sending our love,
Trisha and Bill
Crabb
Post a Comment