Root Beer float...Now that is refreshing. I came in yesterday and went straight to Health South with a huge root beer float for dad. (I know better than to show up without a treat!!) So dad finished off his dinner and began to enjoy his float. We were getting him fixed up for the night and we were about to head out. In the midst of getting his bedside table equipped with all of dad's necessities, his favorite nurse (a.k.a his little flower)proceeded to knock the large root beer float off the table and onto Dad and his bed....It was hilarious!! I have not laughed that hard in a while!!! So Dad is just laying there in the float, shaking his head and telling us "I have been trying to tell ya'll..She is goofy!" After recuperating from laughing so hard we were crying, Mom presses the nurse button and says, "We had an accident in the bed and need someone to come change the sheets." So Dad begins to shake his head again and say, "Oh great, We had an accident....Now the whole place thinks I had an accident in my bed." The laughter began again!! It felt great to laugh like that....that was also refreshing.
But what was even more refreshing was having a great visit with my dad . He was joking around and he was my dad. Thank you for praying this past week for his mood/personality. Because the most refreshing of all, was the answer to prayer. It is truly humbling and amazing that in the midst of this nightmare, God is providing. He is showing us that he listens to us and He loves us more than we can fathom. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
Thank you Lord for loving us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Okay, that visual of Gene in the bed covered in a large root beer float had me laughing out loud. As they always say laughter is the best medicine. May your days be filled with laughter. We are praying for Gene to come home soon.
Much love,
Larry and Debbye
That cracks me up!! I am so glad that all of you had a great day!! Don't they say "no use crying over a little spilt root beer float" That just means now you need to order a milkshake! I am praying that you have more fun days like that laughing and having good times together and if Unlce Gene just happens to be the center of the funnies that is ok! He is good at making us all laugh keep um coming!! Love, Mandi and gang
I literally laughed out loud! We are so glad to hear that you guys are doing good and laughing a lot! It always feels good to have a good laugh! We are praying for you guys, and we BELIEVE that all of our prayers will be answered, AND that Gene will be home in his chair soon! We love you! See you all soon!
Kam, Brad and Jayden
As Martha Gillespie's mom always said laugh sister it can only get worse. I just hope that Gene was able to enjoy part of the Root Beer Float!!!!! That would be worse!!!!! Love yall and am so glad for the uplifting report. Keep believing!!! LOL, Margaret & Robert
"Laughter is the best medicine!"
Medical studies say laughter raises levels of endorphines, the body's natural painkillers and it also improves the flow of oxygen to the heart and brain. And- - - I don't think you can overdose on it?!? Thanks,Gina,for the story! It gave us a big dose of "feel good" medicine too!
Love, Cheryl & Marvin
Too funny!
Raenette
Gene, Peg, Jason, and Gina:
Thinking about you all. Laughter IS the very best medicine!! You are in my prayers.
What a great God we serve. I just got through praying with the staff at my church in Dallas for Gene and we asked God to "send back the old Gene" and his personality. Then I came back to my office and read this post. Praise God for His faithfulness. We are believing with you guys.
Just thinking of you all!
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment