I am happy to report that Dad has been doing better the past few days! I have seen a new determination in his eyes and that old "fight" is back! He has been staying awake a lot more, eating more and walking a lot! Sometimes I get all geared up to put him in his wheelchair and he tells me, "No, I want to walk!" It is really great to see. We are getting him out more, and he is doing well. I have only had a few wrecks with the wheelchair...Don't be alarmed, the only thing I have taken out is a garbage can and a few walls....I get some looks, but we move right along! Atleast Dad has not fallen out yet. :)
We saw the Oncologist this morning and everything looks ok for now. They did blood work to see if the Chemo had any effects-It looked great. Dad will start his second round of Chemo on December 8th. We will see him again on Dec. 7th to check blood levels again, and then we will do an MRI at the end of December to see the status of the tumor.
Thank you for your continued prayers-They are powerful and God is answering!
WE BELIEVE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great news that Gene is staying awake more and getting around on his own. That's wonderful! The prayers continue!
yea Mr. Meredith! I'm so glad to see you are home. You look great...I'm checkin' up on you:)
yours,
Jeannette
Radiation Therapist
MD Anderson
What great news! My prayers continue with the Meredith family right on top!!!
MK
Way to go Gene!
Like a true winner---determination and perspiration will get you there every time.
Love & prayers,
Cheryl and Marvin
Prayers are answered every day!! So glad to see those smiling faces, and hear the good news of progress!! Continuing to pray!! Keep up the hard work BooBoo!
Love ya!
Mark & Gay
We are praying for you every day...you look great. We can't wait to see you! We love you...
Jason, Kristi, Caroline, and Camper
Keep up the work!!! Gene looks great. I know you all are happy with his improved vigor!!! Keep the faith!! LOL, Margaret & Robert
Post a Comment