Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Ours went really well, we took Dad to my Aunt and Uncle's house and had a great time. He stayed up for several hours and ate a lot! He said the blessing like he always does when we have a family gathering. It was one of the sweetest prayers I have ever heard him pray. I watched and listened, trying to remember every word. He said, "Although things happen that get us down, we continue to trust You." What an example of faith and hope in our Lord. Even though Dad has experienced more than we would wish on our worst enemy, he is still trusting in the name of the Lord. He has also prayed for all of the other people who are sick. That is Dad....always thinking of others before himself. He ended his prayer in a way that I will always remember. "In your sons Sweet name who died on the cross to give us eternal life." That is what it is all about and in the midst of a storm, Dad is clinging to His savior.


He is doing great with his therapy. He is getting stronger and learning to get around with a left leg that will not cooperate! When Dad first came home from Health South, Jason and I got him up to walk. He could only walk 5 feet before he needed a break. Today he walked 36 feet before he needed a break! Praise God! He is still sleeping a lot, but we are slowly getting him out and keeping him as active as possible. Today we went on an exciting adventure to Wal Mart! We came home to let him sleep for an hour, and then took him out to eat. Throw in a hard work out this morning with his therapist and by the time we got home he was worn out!!!

Thank for your continued support and prayers. Please pray that the Chemo will attack the tumor, and Dad will continue to regain strength.

P.S. GIG EM AGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



There's that smile that we all love!

Getting Dad and the kids to look at the camera at the same time was not easy!

Dad's little flower, always by his side!



Dad's Blessing

4 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, my, you made me cry! What a sweet Thanksgiving you all had. I'm so very glad and continue to pray for you all. You are wise to remember every word. You should probably put these special words in a journal so you will be sure and remember them. I believe with you!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on Paula's reply, you made me cry too!!! Those pictures are worth 1000 words. Love to you all!! I Beleive!
Koush

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you all had a great turkey day. you do indeed have a lot to be thankful for. your dad looks great. i pray for you guys every night and will continue to do so. i hope to see you soon. take care.

raenette said...

Your dad is looking good! I want to say CONGRATS!!!!